10.9.04

Simon, who I never met

Jenny, our grade 1 teacher, lost her son Simon to depression on Sunday. His funeral was this evening, standing room only. After hearing people talk about him for an hour, I really wish he was one of my friends. His idealism and art would have uplifted me.

And it breaks my heart to see parents burying their children.

During the slideshow, Iron and Wine's Such Great Heights played. Such a beautiful anthem.

"And I have to speculate
That God himself did make us into
Corresponding shapes like puzzles pieces
From the clay"

I was telling Carl on Sunday that I'm feeling that right now I'm in a re-evaluation phase. Just a time to take inventory: strengths / weaknesses / friends / enemies / priorities / use of time / dreams and goals... Amber and I are quite well in our current situation.

No comments: