22.7.06

si no se cae en el rio

I was biking home from the office and decided to try a short-cut that I had taken once before by vehicle. I took the wrong road and ended up at a dead end where you can take a through-path for pedestrians through a gate. The path continues through a beautiful meadow and ends up on the highway, not too far from where I live. There were 2 young girls, probably 7 and 10, standing at the fence and I asked them if it was possible to pass though on a bike, thinking more of the narrow passage between the barbed wire fences.

The older girl answered "si." Then without missing a beat, followed it with "if you don't fall in the river." I looked down the path a little way and saw the river and the log that stretched over it to connect the foot path. I replied that I would be taking the other road. The girl raised her eyebrows and let a smile curl on her lips. She got me good.

2 comments:

Sirdar said...

Love the mischievous innocence of children!!

much-ado said...

So, you didn't take the foot path...what's with that Colonel Sanders...

Nonetheless, you got to love how humour develops in kids. How's Blaise's humour coming along?