2.11.06

God's Eye View

Today, I was able to see with God's eyes things that only He could see a hundred years ago.



This is my child who will be born in April of next year. We drove into Cobán and had an ultrasound done. I filmed almost the entire appointment where we saw the baby wave his/her arms, open mouth, and wiggle. Pretty wild. Amber is quite excited about the prospects she's just discovered about where we can deliver this baby and with whom.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed. Psalm 133:14-16



This is my home from outer space. Google Maps updated their satellite images of Guatemala, now they are one step down from the quality that you can see downtown New York City. My house is the lower of two identical ones in the middle north of the highway.
My eyes will flow without ceasing, without respite, until the LORD from heaven looks down and sees. Lamentations 3:49-50

8 comments:

Sirdar said...

Great pics of the baby. Did you find out what sex it was or are you waiting for the blessed moment? I just hope he/she is healty.

Aimée said...

That's awesome about the baby. It's a pretty amazing experience seeing the ultrasound. So yea, girl or boy? =)

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff. I was a big crybaby at my wedding, so I imagine it will be the same when we eventually decide to have kids and I see the ultrasounds.

I loved the Google Maps upgrade. Could you post the exact map address (you will see a "Link to this page" on top of the map). I may also do another Google Earth flyby with more precision this time. :)

April said...

Excellent, maybe the baby will be a tad early and the 3 of us can celebrate the same birthday!

Amber said...

We're leaving the sex of the babe a surprise, but I have "girl" premonitions so we will see:) And Ape I am thinking s/he will more likely be sharing a birthday with Jess (Apr. 21) than you and Lana, sorry:)

Zaak said...

Yeah, we're pretty excited. Seeing the baby makes it that much more real. Aimée: we're hoping it's a boy or a girl.

This is a link to the satellite map. We live on the north west corner of town. I'm planning to use these maps to map out where the sponsor children live to make gift delivery and home visits easier.

Sirdar said...

Nice link to Google Maps - Tactic Edition. I zoomed out to see where you are in relation to everything else. What is the population of Tactic?

Anonymous said...

I could recognize which was your home on the google map! The little green house next to it.....
I was really excited to see the ultrasound photo of little new baby coming! I remember and still have the ultrasound picture of Blaise. I have a feeling it is a girl too!! Grandma's intuition. ...I'm going to go look at the photo again :)