15.3.07

4 Days in March



14th: Einstein's birthday.
He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder. Albert Einstein
15th: The Ides of March
44 BC - Julius Caesar of the Roman Republic was stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March. Wikipedia
16th: Zaak's birthday
Zaak successfully avoids sharing a noted day in history.
17th: St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick writes in Confessio after escaping captivity in Ireland and returning to Roman Britain and becoming a bishop:
I saw a man coming, as it were from Ireland. His name was Victoricus, and he carried many letters, and he gave me one of them. I read the heading: "The Voice of the Irish". As I began the letter, I imagined in that moment that I heard the voice of those very people who were near the wood of Foclut, which is beside the western sea—and they cried out, as with one voice: "We appeal to you, holy servant boy, to come and walk among us. Wikipedia
Images: Al, Jules, Pat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zaak!
Maybe someday your birthday Will be a noted day in history because of you....
it already is for me :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where this was going...and I even missed the Zaak's Birthday plug. It's 11:15pm and I'm tired. That is my story and I'm sticking with it.

Happy Birthday!!

Chelsita said...

Hey Zaak!
Happy birthday and I am sorry that it's late. I hope that you had a good one, you deserve it!
The Moustache is pretty cool, I like it.