29.5.07

Daily Review

I got the Harper's Weekly Review email today, so I'm going to try and write my day out in a similar fashion.

The paper cutter arrived at the stationary store and so Flor and I cut translated verses up and stapled them to letters to children's sponsors. Pablo hasn't shown up to school since telling Hector David on Thursday that he's going to come back. The principal says he's afraid of the strap. Picked up a check and delivered it to the school to pay for 75 sweaters, bank client assistant Alejandra dialed 4 times to get VISA approval for my cash withdrawal and I added 200 minutes to my cell phone. I left $6 at the school to buy a friend's mariachi band's CD, heard to Mexican worship music in the office, and didn't listen to my iPod once. Met Margarita at the appliance store and bought her family 2 beds, 50 lbs of corn, 12 lbs of black beans, 6 lbs of noodles, 2 lbs of salt, 4 lbs of sugar, 5 lbs of potatoes, 10 limes, 4 lbs of coffee, 6 lbs of tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, and a bag of cookies with remaining funds from a donation to the family. Another abandoned mom came asking for her money this morning.

Beerseba School was deworming the elementary this morning, I delivered hemorrhoidal suppositories to a friend who spends his entire working day sitting on a small wooden bench, and Blaise peed 4 times in the potty and still managed to wet his diaper 5 times. Amber made me oats for breakfast, meat sauce pasta for lunch, and pesto pasta with salted sweat peas for supper. Blaise wouldn't go to sleep for his nap, 5 letters to sponsors didn't come in, no one was home at the top of the mountain, I lost $1000 on my iPod Texas Hold 'em game, and the power went out at 2:10 PM for 45 minutes. I talked to Salomé, I got an email from Remy, 7 people added me as a friend in Facebook, and Mike still won't confirm that I am his father.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....you said a lot...and did a lot of things. Most of it sounded like it was needed.

much-ado said...

Zaak, in order for you to be my father, you would have to be Kotaguru...which you are not. Any claim by you (a whitey) of such a nature would be cause enough for me to declare my culture's equivalent of jihad on you...

have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

A day in the life of Zaak. I enjoyed reading this. What is Ipod Texas hold'em game? And hopefully didnt actually lose that money!!
As far as Blaise's potty training....like father like son... ha ha. Maybe he is too busy playing...it is like a game to him to go potty....and the other games , when he has to pee are more interesting.

Zaak said...

It's just play money. A lot of it was needed. Blaise went a whole night last night with a dry diaper; Then he cried 1 hour during naptime today... Bring on the jihad brown boy.

much-ado said...

you think you can handle it...son? 'cause you wrong, boi

Zaak said...

Handle what, son? A bunch of your rowdy friends? Yeah, I think I can handle it.