3.6.07

Memories, courtesy of Salomé



My sister Salomé gave me a little notebook for Christmas. In it she asks probing questions like:
What is your earliest childhood memory?
Do you have any regrets?
When you were a kid, what did you want to do when you grew up?
What are your favorite memories of Mom? Papa?
When you tell others about our childhood, what do you talk about the most?
The purpose is for me to answer the questions and then return the book to her as a gift next Christmas.

I hadn't touched the book until tonight, on a whim as it has been sitting by my computer for a couple months now. I shocked myself at how these questions opened up such emotional memories, both joyful and sorrowful. There really is a magic in memory and its power to influence how you think about yourself and others. I look forward to completing the last 2/3 of the questions on other upcoming nights. I feel blessed tonight to have been given the opportunity to reflect and make some concrete decisions about the future because of these reflections.

4 comments:

Aimée said...

Speaking of memories....do you remember that you have a whole network of blogger friends out here? :)
Don't worry, when your new Facebook pals use you and loose you, we'll still be here waiting for you to return to us.

:)

Anonymous said...

I would love to read those memories...
It just occurred to me that I would like to answer similar questions but also look at those questions every once in a while cause new things come to us over time...
what a cool gift!

Anonymous said...

That is a neat idea. Hope you decide to share some of the answers to the questions.

Anonymous said...

I have since recieved the little notebook back and I am so happy you decided to write as much as you did. I'm glad it was a good experience for you . It was a great experience for me to read. I learned alot about you and feel I know you better as a person. THank you VERY much.
Sal