18.12.07

Movie News!

Peter Jackson is going to make The Hobbit. How awesome is that? There had been a dispute that is now resolved between Jackson and New Line Cinema. What is a little confusing is the fact that they are making 2 movies from the 1 book that is 1/3 of the size of one of The Lord of the Rings books (which are in fact 6 books put in 3 volumes). They should have made 6 movies for The Lord of the Rings. The One Ring reports too.

In other movie news, I rented 5 movies on DVD for 5 nights from a store in Cobán (30 minutes away). I've hesitated renting from there because I don't go too often and I don't want to get slammed with their heavy fines. You can keep the movies for as many days as the number of films you rent and they actually have a pretty decent selection. You can see which ones on my movie review blog. (I'm finishing the last one tonight withe Amber: The Secret Life of Words)

3 comments:

Aimée said...

I know, I am so excited!! If only we didn't have to wait so long....

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies yet. I've heard they are good. Enjoy the movies and the trip back to return them.

Steffi said...

I agree with Sirdar!

And I wish you and your family Merry christmas and a Happy new year!

Steffi