15.6.08

Royal Solitaire or Royal Waste of Time



One of the iPod games I've bought is Royal Solitaire. It is a collection of 10 versions of solitaire card games. FreeCell (one of my life goals is to Win 25 FreeCell Games in a Row) and Klondike (the solitaire game that comes with Windows and also with the iPod) were familiar to me before, but the other eight were new.
Aces Up
Beleaguered Castle
Canfield
Freecell
Golf
Klondike
Peaks
Pyramid
Scorpion
Yukon
I picked up the iPod last weekend and played Aces Up and won. This is a very rare occurrence because the game has very little to do with skill and all to do with the cards dealt. I decided to try Beleaguered Castle and won at that too. Beleaguered Castle is even harder because most games barely permit you the first move! I then got the idea to beat all 10 games in one day, which I did.

My shame is that the game logs how much time I play and in the past 18 months, I've spent just over 80 hours playing the dumb games. Gotta interact more with people.

No comments: