19.10.09

3800 Kilometres


Drove 3800 km this summer: Calgary to Kispiox to Squamish to Calgary with stops in Prince George, Smithers, Hazelton (Two Mile), Vancouver, Abbotsford, and Revelstoke).

I managed to sneak listening to Neko Case's "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" about five times in the car - it wasn't Amber's favorite, but I couldn't get enough.

The kids were absolutely awesome - except Acadia throwing up a couple times, that wasn't so awesome for anyone.

I drove most of the way, but Amber did take the wheel at some crucial points like between McBride and PG - that stretch can break a man.

And of course it was great to see everyone in BC from Amber's family to my sister and her family to my cousin and her new family and Tey and his family. It was pretty stress free, even the wedding! Right, congrats April and Gabriel! And thanks for inviting us to your party nephew Kai!

1 comment:

Dan the Man said...

I have a different opinion on the McBride/PG portion of the trip. Kids were FINALLY sleeping, and the A4 got to "stretch" its legs a little bit.
I guess I'm saying that we made up a lot of time here, and it wasn't as boring as the Thunder Bay - Sault Ste. Marie stretch above Lake Superior, which I've done 4 times as a passenger.