21.12.09

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary



On Amber's birthday, between a tasty brunch put on by Alanna and an evening of delightful food at a Greek restaurant, we spent part of the afternoon at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary with our friends from Whiskey Jack Cohousing. I wasn't too keen on the whole thing since it was chilly and I've seen birds before and they usually aren't around much in the winter.


But the sanctuary showed me! Right in the middle of the city! This gorgeous park on the Bow River with a great path! A full moon shone in the late afternoon clear, deep blue sky. The snow crunched under our feet. And we even saw some birds: lots of ducks and geese heading south, plenty of chickadees and a great horned owl.




And I got to fool around with my camera too. Always fun.

No comments: