9.1.10

Top 2009 Movies


Considering I only saw 16 movies that were released in 2009, my pool of top movies is smaller than I wish - especially concerning foreign language films (which are often released later locally). Anyway, here is my list:

7. Fantastic Mr. Fox : both classic Roald Dahl and Wes Anderson
6. 500 Days of Summer : great comedy and hip pathos
5. The Informant! : superb inner dialogue with a sensational plot twist
4. District 9 : witty, gritty and original alien movie
3. The Road : one of the best book adaptations I've seen
2. Up in the Air : a grounding picture for our culture
1. Where the Wild Things Are : visually stunning and emotionally draining

Some that I am still looking forward to seeing: A Single Man, A Serious Man, The Lovely Bones, The Hurt Locker, Nine, Crazy Heart, Brothers, An Education, Invictus, Taking Woodstock, Coco Avant Chanel, and Amreeka.

2 comments:

Dan the Man said...

What about Star Trek on your to-see list? I'm kinda waiting to see Star Trek. You go rent it, and I'll bring the popcorn.

Zaak said...

I saw Star Trek, it just didn't make the cut. Good movie, just not great.