9.7.11

Ode to the Dragonfly



I have enjoyed dragonflies my whole life. They are gentle. They control the mosquito population. They are beautiful. Dragonflies move in mysterious ways.


We named our cohousing group after the dragonfly for anyone of its qualities, perhaps because its wings look like stained glass windows (without the stain).



I spent some time this week photographing some of the thousands of dragonflies around Katepwa Lake. I must say, they aren't easy to capture in flight, but I managed a few from a distance. Upon contemplation, I appreciate the swarms even more.




2 comments:

Debby said...

Very pretty....I haven't thought much about dragon flys and it was nice to think about them and look at the photos...well done:)

michelle said...

I am going to show Nate all your shots of dragon flies in the am... he LOVES dragon flies!! And your pictures are fantastic!!